The Real Alcázar is the Royal Palace of Seville. The palace complex is probably the oldest royal palace of Europe still in use. It is definitely the most impressive monument of Seville. Real Alcázar is the residence of his majesty King Juan Carlos when he is visiting Seville. The Real Alcázar is a must visit when you are in Seville!
You should not miss the Real Alcázar when you visit Seville!
Visit the palace Real Alcázar in Seville
The Real Alcázar was built in the 14th century by King Pedro the Cruel. At this place, an Arab fortress and a Roman settlement were previously located. The Real Alcázar consists of several beautiful buildings and gardens in various building styles (Almohade, Mudéjar, Gothic and Renaissance).
The most striking is the mix of Arab and Christian architecture. It is a set of beautiful royal palaces in a variety of art styles. And did you know that part of the fifth season of the Game of Thrones series was recorded!
In the royal gardens of the Real Alcázar you will find a beautiful collection of exotic trees, hedges, hiking trails, pavilions and ponds. Also in very different styles and in total the gardens are about 60,000 m2. They are an important part of the Real Alcázar and, like the palace itself, have experienced many changes over time.
In the gardens you can enjoy walking around and enjoying the surroundings. There are more than 170 kinds of plants from all over the world. There is also a restaurant in the gardens where you can have a drink and get some sandwiches.
Super nice, as you can easily spend a few hours in the Alcázar!
Opening times and tickets for a visit to the Real Alcázar in Seville
- October – March: monday to sunday 9.30hr till 17.00hr
- April – September: monday to sunday 9.30hr till 19.00hr
- Closed on the 1st and 6th of January, Good Friday and the 25th of December
- Normal ticket: €9,50
- Retirees and students from 17 till 25 years old: € 2
Tips for a visit to the Real Alcázar in Seville
Buy your ticket for the Real Alcázar online to skip the queues!
- The 10 best sights in Seville
- Cádiz, a day trip from Seville to the beach
- The 3 nicest hotels with swimming pool in Seville
Citytrips in Spain
- My three favorite cities in Spain
- The 8 must do’s in Granada
- Everything you need to know about visiting The Alhambra
- 6 must see attractions in Valencia
- Cycling in Valencia bike tours
- 13x what to do in Madrid
- Flying a hot air balloon above Granada
- 7x the best things to do in Bilbao
- The Costa Blanca, 5x what you can not miss
- Highlights of Tarifa, the souternmost town of Spain
- The coolest festival in Europe: La Tomatina
- Catalonia, discover the authentic Spain
- 13 reasons to visit Tenerife
- 3x great hiking trails on Tenerife
- Visiting Teide National Park: information and tips
- A day in Morocco from Spain
- The coolest festivals in Spain
- The wine festival in Haro
- 27 fun facts about Spain