Koh Kood, also known as Koh Kut, is an undiscovered island in Thailand. White beaches, pure nature and a clear sea, these are the characteristics of this undiscovered island. Koh Kood is only 23 km long and 9 km wide. The number of islands in Thailand with few tourists is getting smaller. Fortunately there are many rules regarding the construction and conservation of the nature at Koh Kood. The chance that Koh Kood will soon become a crowded tourist destination such as Koh Samui, Koh Phi Phi, Phuket or Hua Hin is relatively small. Visit Koh Kood, an undiscovered island in Thailand!
Spending a few days on this island is amazing!
What is there to do on Koh Kood?
The main reason to visit Koh Kood is of course the beaches combined with the general peace and nature. There are many small beautiful beaches and many hotels have their own private beach. Renting a scooter on Koh Kood is the perfect way to discover the island. The island is quite hilly and therefore cycling is less suitable. You can also visit the beautiful waterfalls next to the various beaches.
How do I get to Koh Kood island in Thailand?
Koh Kood is located about 330 km southeast of Bangkok’s capital. From Bangkok you must first go to the town of Trat. There are daily flights from Bangkok to Trat and after an hour of flying you arrive at the small airport of Trat. You can also go from Bangkok to Trat by bus and then you will be travelling for about five to six hours.
From Trat it is about half an hour to Laem Sok port. Taking the boat is the only option to get to Koh Kood. This trip takes only about two hours. You can also go from Bangkok to Koh Chang and take the speedboat from there and then you will be in Koh Kood in about an hour.Check here my travel route for the north of Thailand 2 weeks
Hotel Koh Kood
A-Na-Lay resort is a great place to stay. The location is very beautiful and quiet. I love the friendly people and the great beach. There are comfortable bungalows in a very beautiful area. It looks like a little paradise. Check here the prices and the availability.
- Not what you are looking for? Find here more great places to stay at Koh Kood!
Islands in Thailand
- The best 10 places of interest on Koh Samui
- Koh Payam, the last pearl of the Andaman Sea
- The 3 nicest islands in Thailand
- The 25 best things to do in Thailand
- Travel route for the north of Thailand 2 weeks
- 4x the best places to visit in nothern Thailand
- 8 tips for Chiang Mai
- a multi-day trek through the jungle at Chiang Mai
- The 5 best places to shop in Chiang Mai
- The 5 must see temples in Chiang Mai
- All information for your trip to Pai
- 7x the best things to do in Pai
- The 3 greatest hotels in Chiang Mai
- Loi Krathong festival Thailand
- 45 reasons why I love Thailand