Nusa Penida is an undiscovered paradise island in southern Bali, but tourism is on its way. This is what you see when you are on the island, due to the fact that hotels are being built in various places. There are also more and more boats from Sanur to Nusa Penida. But for the time being, the island is still authentic and a special place to spend a few days. It’s really different from the other islands in Bali and Lombok, so what are the reasons to visit Nusa Penida?
Read more about why this island is so amazing and my 10 reasons why you have to visit Nusa Penida!
The 10 reasons to visit Nusa Penida
1. It is relaxt. The people in Bali are already super friendly, but the people at Nusa Penida are even nicer. So much sincere friendliness of people who speak almost no English, you don’t see this yet in Bali.
2. Wilderness. The nature is rugged, wild and untouched by the construction of roads, houses or anything else. Many places of the island are uninhabited and nature is so beautiful and pristine.
3. Empty, hidden and deserted beaches that are all for yourself. There are several beautiful beaches on the island and 9 out of 10 times you have the beach all for yourself.
4. There are no big cities on the island, just small villages. Villages where time has stood still and where the population hardly speaks English. The population lives mainly from agriculture.
5. Sleep in the Rumah Poohon Treehouse. Bali’s most beautiful treehouse is on this island. Three tree huts are built in a great place and the view is phenomenal here. If you can not sleep here for a night, visit these tree huts at least because the place is so beautiful.
Check here to see if the treehouse is available!
6. It’s not the easiest place to get to, but it’s just an adventure to go there.
7. The impressive cliffs of Nusa Penida make the island rugged and wild. And that’s very nice to see. Everywhere the waves hit the cliffs hard and this natural violence is impressive to see.
8. It is an island full of palm trees. On your scooter you can see them everywhere and this gives a paradise-like feeling. You can also take a coconut from the palm tree yourself and drink it.
9. The manta’s are present in large numbers in the sea around the island. From various places you can see them swimming in the sea and this is truly breathtakingly beautiful to see. You can also snorkel with the manta’s.
10. It is a paradise that has not been affected by tourism yet. These kinds of places are getting harder to find, which makes Nusa Penida an extraordinary place.
These are my 10 reasons to visit Nusa Penida! Do you have more reasons to visit Nusa Penida?Check here my travel route Bali and Lombok 2 weeks
Hotel Nusa Penida
There are a few very nice hotels at Nusa Penida, but I loved my stay at Bataran Garden Cottage. It is brand new and offers six quite and very nice cottages/bungalows. The view from the room and the swimming pool is amazing. The food at the restaurant was great and the place is so peaceful. Check here to see if the hotel is available!
- Not what you are looking for? Find here more great places to stay at Nusa Penida!
Read more about Nusa Penida
- Nusa Penida, the unknown paradise of Bali
- The most beautiful treehouwe in Indonesia: Rumah Poohon Treehouse
Read more about Bali
- What I learned from my solo trip to Bali and Lombok
- Travel route Bali and Lombok 2 weeks
- The Bali Swing: swinging over Ubud
- 15x why Bali is so much fun!
- Sidemen, discover the authentic and green Bali
- 7 nice things to do in Ubud
- The 3 greatest hotels in Ubud, Bali
Read more about Indonesia
* This article contains affiliate links. Read more about this in the disclaimer.