Valencia is the perfect city to explore by bicycle! With more than 100 km of bicycle paths, cycling in Valencia is very nice and relaxed. A visit to this wonderful city is not complete without a bicycle tour! The Dutch love cycling! I always find exploring a city by bicycle to be a super nice way of doing so, and that is why I have also discovered Valencia by bicycle. How do you arrange cycling and bike tours in Valencia?
Read how I did it and what I think about cycling in Valencia and how to arrange bike tours!
Cycling in Valencia independently
You can rent bicycles everywhere in the city. There are various providers of rental bicycles in the centre of the city. All hotels rent out bicycles and there are various small bicycle rental companies. For 10 euros, you can have a bicycle for a whole day. Valencia is quite compact and can be discovered by bicycle just fine. More and more bicycle paths are laid in Valencia and there is almost no difference in elevation. An important traffic rule is that, when there is a bicycle path, you must cycle on it. If there is no bicycle path, you can cycle on the street.
Cycling in Valencia with bike tours
You can of course cycle independently, but this way you sometimes do not get to see everything. That is why it is nice and interesting to arrange a bicycle tour. We chose the Valencia Highlights tour with Baja Bikes and it is definitely recommended. You criss-cross the city in three hours, cycling with a small group together with a guide.
You see various sights on the way, such as the City of Arts and Sciences, Turia, Barrio del Carmen, and Glorieta Park. And you also make frequent stops and get to hear nice facts about the city from your guide. The things that you haven’t already read in your booklet. This is a really cool bicycle tour!
Take an organized bicycle tour on the first day of your stay in Valencia and in order to get an overview of the city. Then rent yourself a bicycle for the rest of your stay! Cycling in Valencia with bike tours is a lot of fun!
A great place to stay in Valencia is La Casita de Palomar!
- Not what you are looking for? Find here more great places to stay in Valencia!
- 6 must see attractions in Valencia
- The 3 nicest hotels with pool in Valencia
- The coolest festival in Europe: La Tomatina
Citytrips in Spain
- A day in Morocco from Spain
- My three favorite cities in Spain
- The 10 best sights in Seville
- Real Alcázar, a must-see in Seville
- The 3 nicest hotels with swimming pool in Seville
- Cádiz, a day trip from Seville to the beach
- The 8 must do’s in Granada
- Everything you need to know about visiting The Alhambra
- Flying in a hot air balloon above Granada
- 7x the best things to do in Bilbao
- Catalonia, discover the authentic Spain
- Highlights of Tarifa, the souternmost town of Spain
- 13 reasons to visit Tenerife
- 3x great hiking trails on Tenerife
- Visiting Teide National Park: information and tips
- The Costa Blanca, 5x what you can not miss
- A day in Morocco from Spain
- The coolest festivals in Spain
- The wine festival in Haro
- 27 fun facts about Spain