In Seville, temperatures may rise to 40 degrees in the summer! Seville is a city where there is a lot to do, but there is no beach in Seville. The solution is to go to Cádiz from Seville. This is very easy by bus and is perfect for avoiding the heat in the city for a day. Cádiz is a great daytrip from Seville to the beach!
Daytrip van Seville to the beach in Cádiz!
It is a small town with the nickname ‘Little Havana’. The South Spanish port city of Cádiz looks to be very much like Havana due to an earlier sea link between both cities. So much that Cádiz went unnoticed as a stand-in for Havana in the Bond film Die Another Day.
The famous scene in which Halle Berry in her orange bikini walks out of the sea with Pierce Brosnan, has been recorded at the La Caleta beach of Cádiz.
It is also the oldest inhabited city of Western Europe. The old town full of atmosphere and with a beautiful boulevard is completely surrounded by water. A twist of squares and narrow streets make for a cozy place!
There are several beaches in this place, but the best is Playa de la Caleta. Surrounded by a beautiful boulevard and you’ll see the small fishing boats in the old harbor floating in the clear blue waters of the Mediterranean. In addition, there is “Playa de la Victoria”, which is especially popular with locals.
Cádiz, how to arrange daytrip from Seville to the beach?
• From Seville there is a bus to Cádiz every hour.
• These buses leave from the San Sebastian bus station.
• Tickets can be purchased on the day of departure by bus or, for example, a day earlier at the bus station.
• The bus ride takes about an hour.
• Costs: € 9.50 one way trip.
• The beaches are around a 15-minute walk from the bus station.
There are several nice hostels and hotels in this place and you can also make it a multi-day trip. The nightlife is vibrant and it is the cradle of the Flamenco!
- Looking for a great place to stay in Cádiz? Check here!
- The 10 best sights in Seville
- Real Alcázar, must-see in Seville!
- The 3 nicest hotels with swimming pool in Seville
Citytrips in Spain
- My three favorite cities in Spain
- 13x what to do in Madrid
- The 8 must do’s in Granada
- Flying in a hot air balloon above Granada
- Everything you need to know about visiting The Alhambra
- 7x the best things to do in Bilbao
- 6 must see attractions in Valencia
- Cycling in Valencia bike tours
- The 3 nicest hotels with pool in Valencia
- The wine festival in Haro
- 13 reasons to visit Tenerife
- 3x great hiking trails on Tenerife
- Visiting Teide National Park: information and tips
- Highlights of Tarifa, the souternmost town of Spain
- Catalonia, discover the authentic Spain
- A day in Morocco from Spain
- The Costa Blanca, 5x what you can not miss
- The coolest festival in Europe: La Tomatina
- 27 fun facts about Spain
- The coolest festivals in Spain