Do you have a bucket list of places you’d like to visit? And is this list just getting longer? Choices, choices, choices… I made a list for you of the 25 places you must have visited!
25 places you must have visited
1.Petra, Jordan. Wander through the gorge in Petra and come face to face with the Pharaoh’s treasure trove! This is a moment you will never forget.
2. Machu Picchu, Peru. One of the most special experiences is seeing the sun rise at Machu Picchu. You can see this ancient Inca city hidden in the distance between mountains and fog.
3. El Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia. One of the most unique places on earth is the largest salt flats in the world. A true fairy tale of Mother Nature!
4. Chinese Wall, China. This is one of the most impressive buildings in the world! In the more remote places you can make beautiful treks without many tourists.
5. Bali, Indonesia. The island of the gods greets you with its rice terraces temples and beaches. Let yourself be surprised and travel without a fixed route and discover the countless treasures of the island of Bali.
6. Agra, India. The fabulous Taj Mahal is one of the new Seven Wonders of the World and watching the sunrise here has something magical about it. It is truly one of the most beautiful travel destinations in the world.
7. Tikal, Guatemala. Go in search of one of the best preserved archaeological sites of the Mayan civilization in a forest full of howler monkeys and fascinating temples. A magical experience!
8. Niagara falls, USA & Canada. One of the most beautiful natural phenomena are waterfalls. These huge waterfalls on the border between America and Canada are so impressive and you have to see them with your own eyes.
9. Varanasi, India. A visit to this holy city where life and death meet at the Ganges is one of the most impressive and bizarre sights in India.
10. Times Square, America. This remains one of the most epic places in the Big Apple. A picture taken at this legendary spot should not be missed.
11. Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. A real once-in-a-lifetime experience is climbing Kilimanjaro. The euphoric feeling of standing on top is unforgettable. Kilimanjaro is a good climbable mountain, also for the inexperienced climber.
12. Tiger’s nest, Bhutan. Buddhism is anchored in every aspect of life in Bhutan. A visit to the fascinating Tiger’s Nest is unforgettable with all those colourful prayer wheels.
13. Rome, Italy. The city where you stumble across history and walk around in a large open air museum. Every nook and cranny of Rome tells a story.
14. Grand Canyon, America. This is a huge canyon carved out by the Colorado River and the rock formations are there in the most beautiful colors. If your budget allows it, choose a helicopter flight.
15. Angkor, Cambodia. A visit to this wonder of the world Angkor and also one of the largest archaeological treasuries in the whole world is something you won’t get rid of easily. Especially at sunrise!
16. Strokkur geyser, Iceland. From nowhere, hot water and steam spurts out of a geyser from the bottom of the earth. This phenomenon is special and can only be seen in a number of places on earth.
17. The Geirangerfjord, Norway. This place is unique in its beauty and it is enjoyable if you take a cruise in this impressive area.
18. The Eiffel Tower, France. Have you never seen this famous tower and the iconic image of France? You should visit Paris right away
19. Antarctica. The southernmost tip of the earth is one of the most extraordinary places on earth. It is home to whales, ice floes, glaciers, penguins and breathtaking viewpoints!
20. Copacabana beach, Brazil. Not the most beautiful beach, but the most famous and that’s why you want to lie here with a cocktail!
21. Halong Bay, Vietnam. On the border of China and Vietnam lies the fairytale area Halong Bay. With bays with the characteristic limestone rocks rising spectacularly out of the water.
22. The Alhambra, Granada. This is a large medieval palace and fortress where there is a lot to see, but also where the gardens are very beautiful. As far as I am concerned, the Alhambra is the most beautiful building in Europe.
23. Bagan, Myanmar. You have to make a balloon ride over the great temples of Bagan. This is an unforgettable and magical experience you will never forget.
24. Giza pyramids, Egypt. These pyramids are super well preserved and especially the pyramid of Cheops is great. This pyramid is the only one of the seven classic wonders of the world that still exists!
25. Tafelberg, South Africa. This mountain is special because of its shape and amazing location in Cape Town. You can climb this mountain or visit it by cable car and enjoy a beautiful view.
This is my list of 25 places you must have visited. Do you want to add something to this list of 25 places you must have visited?